Town of
Providence
Saratoga County, NY
 
 

 

        PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that pursuant to motion of the Town Board of the Town of Providence, Saratoga County, New York sealed bids for the purchase of #2 Fuel Oil and Kerosene (for 50/50 blend) and Ultra Low-Sulfur Diesel Fuel (ULSD) and Kerosene (for diesel/kerosene blend) will be received by the Town of Providence Town Clerk at 7187 Barkersville Road, Middle Grove, Saratoga County, New York, 12850, until 12:00 PM local time on March 7, 2018 at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud.

        Bids must be submitted in sealed envelopes at the above address and shall bear on the face thereof the name and the address of the bidder.

        Detailed specifications are available to an interested bidder by calling the Highway Superintendent at 518-882-6067 or on the town’s website: www.townofprovidence.org. 

        The Town of Providence reserves the right to reject any and all bids. All bids must have the non-collusion bidding certification.

 

By order of the Providence Town Board - 2/15/2018

 

Town of Providence Town Hall
Introduction

     The Town of Providence is in the northwest quadrant of Saratoga County.  We border the Adirondack Park and the Great Sacandaga Lake.  Our population is just under 2000 residents.  For being one of the smallest towns in the county, we exceed in character.  We now have a forever wild conservatory in Town, known as the Henning Preserve, and managed by the Saratoga Plan with six miles of hiking trails.

     On February 5, 1796, the State Legislature passed a bill creating the Town of Providence.  It was taken from the northern part of Galway and named after the City of Providence, Rhode Island.  The town contains 27,161 acres of land.  Its first official meeting was held in the log Baptist Meeting House on the first Tuesday in 1796.  In the early years, due to the excellent supply of water power and heavy forests, many small mills and shops sprang up.  Many chairs were made by different residents with the largest amount being made by the Trevett family.

     The Town has a beautiful man-made lake known as Lake Nancy, formerly known as Bill's Pond.  It is surrounded by 115 seasonal and year round homes.  The town has two churches, and a volunteer fire department and ambulance corp.

     Residents and non-residents enjoy our winter sports, such as ice fishing on the Sacandaga Lake in the winter and swimming at our local town beach in the summer.  Our town is an enjoyable place to live as it has an abundance of country quietness.

 

 

 

 

Department Pages:
 

 

 

 
Officials: